|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our NEW Home for Jazz on Sundays...
The Promontory Music Venue
- TIME: two sets at 7:30-8:30 p.m. and 9-10 p.m.
- LOCATED: 5311 S. Lake Park West, 2nd floor, in Hyde Park
- FREE PARKING: on the street on Sundays
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- FOOD/BAR: The Promontory will offer bottles of wine at 50% off, and people who eat in the 1st floor restaurant will have the same 1/2 price arrangement and will be able to have their wine brought upstairs.
Please purchase your tickets in advance!
While there is plenty of seating at The Promontory, the coveted table seating fills up quickly after our doors open at 7 p.m. We recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance online and arrive before doors open at 7.
Online Tickets: www.PromontoryChicago.com/shows
Please Note: Purchasing tickets in advance does not guarantee table seating, which is available on a first-come, first-served, basis.
January 2019 Schedule
Sun. January 05: Alexis Lombre Quartet - featuring Alexis Lombre (piano), with Jahari Stampley (keys), Junius Paul (bass), Isaiah Spencer (drums). Alexis will be doing a tribute to Hyde Park's very own, Herbie Hancock.
Sun. January 12: No HPJS Sunday Jazz Tonight
The Promontory will be presenting its own night of music.
Sun. January 19: Thaddeus Tukes CD Release for "Let's Vibe!" - featuring Thaddeus Tukes (vibes), with Juli Wood (sax), Adam Thornburg (trombone), Julius Tucker (piano), Marlene Rosenberg (bass), Alvin Cobb, Jr. (drums)
Tue. January 21: "Third Tuesdays at Cafe Logan" features pianist Stu Mindeman's Quartet
Sun. January 26: Bobbi Wilsyn Group - featuring Bobbi Wilsyn (vocals), Miguel de la Cerna (piano), Marlene Rosenberg (bass), Greg Artry (drums), Jarrard Harris (sax)
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society