|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: two sets beginning at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
May 2018 Schedule
Sun. May 06: A special "Double-Bill" evening at Room 43 - with:
6:00 p.m. VanderCook College Jazz Band
7:30 p.m. Peter Lerner & The Chicago Latin Jazz Connection - featuring Peter Lerner (guitar), with Adrian Ruiz (piano), Michael Arnopol (bass), Joe Rendon (congas), Jaime Claudio (timbales), Roy McGrath (saxes)
Sun. May 13: Maggie Brown Quartet - featuring Maggie Brown (vocals), with Theodis Rogers (piano), Yosef Ben Israel (bass), Kenari Allison (drums)
Sun. May 20: Ari Brown Quintet - featuring Ari Brown (saxes), with Kirk Brown (piano), Yosef Ben Israel (bass), Avreeayl Ra (drums), Dr. Cuz (percussion)
Sun. May 27: MRQ - Marlene Rosenberg Quartet - featuring Marlene Rosenberg (bass), with Richard Johnson (piano), Sharel Cassity (saxophone), Alvin Cobb, Jr. (drums)
2017-18 Third Tuesday at Cafe Logan
10/17: Saxophonist Greg Ward
11/21: Saxophonist Roy McGrath
No "Third Tuesday" in December
1/16: Saxophonist Ari Brown
2/20: Bassist Lorin Cohen
3/20: Drummer George Fludas
4/17: Alto Saxophonist Steve Coleman and Five Elements
5/15: Pianist Ryan Cohan
6/19: Saxophonist Isaiah Collier
The Calendar is subject to change!
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society
Webmaster: Ken Scott