|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: two sets beginning at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
September 2018 Schedule
Sun. Sept. 02: Justin Dillard's DOT and CD Release for "Black of All Shades" - featuring Justin Dillard (organ), with Vincent Roofe (guitar), Samuel Jewell (drums)
Sun. Sept. 09: Thaddeus Tukes Sextet - featuring Thaddeus Tukes (vibes), with Irvin Pierce (sax), Constantine Alexander (trumpet), Julius Tucker (piano), Emma Dayhuff (bass), Alvin Cobb, Jr. (drums)
Sun. Sept. 16: Victor Goines Quartet - featuring Victor Goines (clarinet/saxes), with Jo Ann Daugherty (piano), Christian Dillingham (bass), Clif Wallace (drums)
Sun. Sept. 23: Irvin Pierce Quintet - featuring Irvin Pierce (sax), with Corey Wilkes (trumpet), Julius Tucker (piano), Ivan Taylor (bass), Sam Jewell (drums)
Sat. Sept. 29 & Sun. Sept. 30: 12th Annual Hyde Park Jazz Festival
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society