|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: two sets beginning at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
May 2017 Schedule
Sun. May 07: Marshall Vente Octet - featuring Marshall Vente (piano), with Terry Connell (trumpet & flugelhorn), John Mose (trombone), Jack Baron (t. sax & flute), Brian Gephart – (t. sax & flute), Chip Gdalman – (b. sax & alto flute), Isidro “Isi” Perez (drums) Jim Batson (bass)
Sun. May 14: Alexis Lombré Quartet - featuring Alexis Lombré (piano), with Rajiv Halim (a. saxophone), Josh Ramos (bass), Xavier Breaker (drums)
Sun. May 21: Delores Scott Quintet - featuring Delores Scott (vocals), with Isaiah Collier (saxes), Tony Milano (piano), Micah Collier (bass), Jeremiah Collier (drums)
Sun. May 28: Victor Goines & Friends - featuring Victor Goines (clarinet/saxes), with Bernard Scavella (sax), Jo Ann Daugherty (piano), Emma Dayhuff (bass), Marion Felder (drums)
June 2017 Schedule
Sun. June 04: Orbert Davis Quintet - featuring Orbert Davis (trumpet), with sidemen TBA
...preceded by special conversation with Ron O.J. Parson
Sun. June 11: Eric Schneider - featuring Eric Schneider (clarinet/saxes), with sidemen TBA
Sun. June 18: Pat Mallinger - featuring Pat Mallinger (saxes), with sidemen TBA
Sun. June 25: Kirk Brown - featuring Kirk Brown (piano), with sidemen TBA
2016-17 Third Tuesday at Cafe Logan
10/18: Saxophonist Jarrard Harris
11/15: Pianist Ron Perrillo
No "Third Tuesday" in December
1/17: Drummer Xavier Breaker
2/21: Trumpeter Victor Garcia
3/21: Saxophonist Edwin Daugherty
4/18: Saxophonist Pat Mallinger
5/16: Pianist Jo Ann Daugherty
6/20: Drummer Ernie Adams
The Calendar is subject to change!
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society
Webmaster: Ken Scott