|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: two sets beginning at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
December 2017 Schedule
Sun. Dec. 03: Bailey-Bryson Project - featuring Ray Bailey (sax) & Cortez Bryson (drums), with Clifford Griffin (bass), Leandro Lopez Varady (piano), and special guest Dr. Odie Williams (flugelhorn), plus other friends
Sun. Dec. 10: Hinda Hoffman & Soul Message - featuring Hinda Hoffman (vocals), with Chris Foreman (organ), Lee Rothenberg (guitar), Greg Ward (sax), Greg Rockingham (drums)
Sun. Dec. 17: Frieda Lee & Friends and our pre-holiday dress-up event
"Jazz in Gold, Silver, Black & White" - featuring Frieda Lee (vocals), Bobby Schiff (piano), Art Hoyle (trumpet), Bernard Scavella (saxes), Dan Shapera (bass) Curtis Prince (drums)
Sun. Dec. 24 and Sun. Dec. 31: Closed for the holidays! We'll be back in 2018 on Sunday, Jan. 7!
2017-18 Third Tuesday at Cafe Logan
10/17: Saxophonist Greg Ward
11/21: Saxophonist Roy McGrath
No "Third Tuesday" in December
1/16: Saxophonist Bernard Scavella
2/20: Bassist Lorin Cohen
3/20: Drummer George Fludas
4/17: Saxophonist Steve Coleman
5/15: Pianist Ryan Cohan
6/19: Saxophonist Isaiah Collier
The Calendar is subject to change!
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society
Webmaster: Ken Scott