|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: two sets beginning at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
The location of our concert scheduled for Sunday, April 21st is MOVING!
While Room 43 is closed for repairs, please join us at our temporary venue
The HAVEN at 932 E. 43rd Street (down the street from Room 43).
April 2019 Schedule
Sun. April 07: Theodis Rogers Quartet - featuring Theodis Rogers (piano), with Christian Dillingham (bass), Linard Stroud (drums), James Perkins (sax)
Sun. April 14: A special "Double-Bill" evening at Room 43 - with:
6:00 p.m. Mwata Bowden & UChicago Jazz X-Tet
7:30 p.m. Isaiah Collier & The Chosen Few featuring Isaiah Collier (sax), with Ivan Taylor (bass), Marcus Evans (drums)
Tue. April 16: "Third Tuesdays at Cafe Logan" Chris Madsen Quartet - featuring Chris Madsen (sax), with Stu Mindeman (piano), Clark Sommers (bass), Dana Hall (drums)
Sun. April 21: Victor Goines with special guest Sherman Irby - featuring Victor Goines (sax/clarinet) & Sherman Irby (sax), with Jo Ann Daugherty (piano), Christian Dillingham (bass), Clif Wallace (drums)
Sun. April 28: Kirk Brown Ensemble - featuring Kirk Brown (piano), with Ari Brown (reeds), Bill McFarland (trombone), Yosef Ben Israel (bass), Jeremiah Collier (drums), Cheryl Hunt (spoken word)
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society