|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: two sets beginning at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
October 2017 Schedule
Sun. Oct. 01: Ari Brown Quintet - featuring Ari Brown (saxes), with Kirk Brown (piano), Yosef Ben Israel (bass), Avreeayl Ra (drums), Dr. Cuz (percussion)
Sun. Oct. 08: Maggie Brown & Friends - featuring Maggie Brown (vocals), with Theodis Rogers (piano), Dexter Sims (bass), Kenari Allison (drums)
Sun. Oct. 15: Curtis Robinson Group - featuring Curtis Robinson (guitar), with Roger Harris (piano), Joshua Ramos (acoustic & electric bass), Ben Johnson (drums)
Sun. Oct. 22: Frank Russell Quintet - featuring Frank Russell (bass guitar), with Vijay Tellis-Niyak (keys), Tim McNamara (sax), Marco Villarreal (guitar), Gregory Fundis (drums)
Sun. Oct. 29: Joan Collaso hosts 5th Sunday Jazz Jam - featuring Joan Collaso (vocals), with sidemen TBA
The Calendar is subject to change!
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society
Webmaster: Ken Scott