|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: two sets beginning at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
October 2018 Schedule
Sun. Oct. 07: Bill McFarland & The Chicago Horns - featuring Bill McFarland (trombone), Hank Ford (sax) & Kenny Anderson (trumpet), with Kirk Brown (piano), Yosef Ben Isreal (bass), Jeremiah Collier (drums)
Sun. Oct. 14: Julius Tucker Quartet - featuring Julius Tucker (piano), with Irvin Pierce (sax), Thaddeus Tukes (vibes), Runere Brooks (bass), Alvin Cobb (drums)
Tue. Oct. 16: Third Tuesday at Logan Cafe - featuring pianist Richard Johnson with Christian Dillingham (bass) & Clif Wallace (drums)
Sun. Oct. 21: Ari Brown Group - featuring Ari Brown (saxes), with Kirk Brown (piano), Yosef Ben Israel (bass), Avreeayl Ra (drums), Dr. Cuz (percussion)
Sun. Oct. 28: Vocalist Hinda Hoffman & Soul Message Band - with Hinda Hoffman (vocals), Chris Foreman (B3), Greg Rockingham (drums), Lee Rothenberg (guitar), Chris Madsen (sax)
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society